Clare
Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  family solictor with 25 years experience
13262538

My estranged husband doesn't live with my and our 8 year old

Customer Question

My estranged husband doesn't live with my and our 8 year old any longer as he left 18 months ago. The only payment he agreed to make by way of maintenance was to continue to pay the mortgage. However, I am now receiving letters saying an eviction is imminent and need to know where I stand and what I can do to stop this.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thank you for your question

How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

What income does your ex have?

Clare

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Approximately £100-120k and there is around £25k left on the mortgage. I signed a form many years ago to add my name to the mortgage after we were married as he bought it right before we met in 2001 and due to my trusting and seemingly naive nature, I didn't question this. I now believe he never submitted that form and therefore my name is ***** ***** the mortgage but I do pay all household bills etc and live there with our 8-year old.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Regarding my ex's incomcome - he earns well over £50k ++ a year but he won't tell me what and just says he has no money to pay for our daughter. I am going to have to try to reduce hours at work myself or have to give up all together because I cannot afford another expense.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

How much does your ex earn

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See last response starting with regarding my exs income.....
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

My apologies I missed that

Are you willing to start divorce proceedings if need be