Jenny Mackenzie
Jenny Mackenzie,
Experience:  Over 10 years experience in general legal matters
32019188

I am a director & shareholder of a SME I take a small salary

Customer Question

I am a director & shareholder of a SME I take a small salary & receive dividends, the company has recently suffered the loss of 63% of it's annual turnover & the two main directors have split up & the company is being valued with the view to paying one of the directors off. Mean time the existing director has set up another company, my feelings are that any existing customers from this company will be transferred to the new co & a reshuffle done, I feel that one of the reshuffles will be to make me redundant, I am the Finance Director & have recently been omitted from meetings that I would normally be involved in & there is a lot of underlying whispering etc., going on. Do you know my rights?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jenny Mackenzie replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Are you also an employee of the business?

If so are you asking about your employment rights?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am an employee & would like advice on my rights as a director & an employee, it is pretty awful sitting here surrounded by the secret service, I guess it's my own fault for shunning the MD's advances. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the delay can I just check you are based in the UK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are a UK based company & live in the UK

How long have you worked there for?