JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

The other drivers insurance company have offered to sort my

Customer Question

The other drivers insurance company have offered to sort my claim without using/claiming from MY insurer? Fox the car, replacement car or CASH..Yet MY insurer keep hassling me to claim via them (excess applies) and NOT to deal with others? advice?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

It may be six or half a dozen unless you have been given a particular reason to go one way or the other. If the third party insurer is offering to pay all your losses in a way that is satisfactory to you then there is no reason to trouble your own insurer. However, if you go through your own insurer, as long as you recover your uninsured excess from the third party insurer you won't lose any no claim bonus you have and your insurer will recover its outlay from the third party insurer under what are called the insurer's subrogation rights. The end effect on you should be the same but I am happy to discuss further if you have have any additional information that might help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Other complication is that when I reported the incident to my insurance I gave wrong job description to that on form. I was still in shock. Should I cancel that claim altogether and start afresh with the other parties offer?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

If you think that they may decline insurance for any reason then yes, you should.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the 3rd party insurer checks the claims register -surely the mistake i made in giving a wrong job description to MY insurer would be highlighted? My claim is not fraudulent - the 3rd party has admitted full liability but I feel like the victim. I have arthritis and the crash exacerbated this. I have already had 2.5 days off work. and am part time this week. and i'm not eating properly. Your very best advice please?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

The third party insurer won't be interested in this and in any event won't have access to your original proposal form.