Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

I have had an infection called Lyme Disease since 2005. I

Customer Question

I have had an infection called Lyme Disease since 2005.
I was treated by the NHS using a private test. Then in 2009 I got very ill and A and E put me in a psychatrict hospital.
The psychiatrist refused to believe my private test. NHS choices say private tests are excepted. My GP notes went missing between 2006/09 but I still had my own records.
I saw a private doctor before I was sectioned in 2012 yet they still managed to ignore this fact.
The psychiatrist made me take the NHS test for Lyme which was negative I knew was poor at the time. The department was closed in 2013 for faulty testing. Opened under the thumb of the mod portion down.
But the psychiatrist is still able to say I am mentally ill.
My New GP was still reluctant to believe two other tests.
Even though my legs are obviously inflamed he nearly put me in hospital a few weeks ago then decided not.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

If you think that you have been misdiagnosed or wrongly diagnosed then your route is a potential claim for clinical negligence -setting out that you have suffered as a result of this misdiagnosis. This can be quite complicated but you would need a solicitor who specialises in this area of law to act on your behalf - I attach herewith details of such solicitors so that you can locate one locally - happy to discuss but please remember to rate positively - thanks

http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk