Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

I have an assessment day at British Airways as cabin crew.

Customer Question

Hi John
I have an assessment day at British Airways as cabin crew. What CRB check to I need?
Nina
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

This is something which is carried out by the potential employer and not something you have to do yourself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BA do ask you to apply for it yourself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it basic, standard or or another one?

It is no longer a CRB check but a DBS check - I have attached a link for the forms etc https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service

I hope that this helps. Please remember to rate positively - thanks

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am an employment solicitor and I can assist with your query. As cabin crew for British Airways you would usually only need a Basic criminal check (called Basic Disclosure). This only shows any unspent convictions you have on your record. Whilst generally it is the employer who makes the criminal check requests, with the Basic check you an make the request yourself by contacting Disclosure Scotland directly (don't get confused by the name, they cover the whole of the UK). The link to apply for this disclosure is here:

http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/basicdisclosureonline/

I would still suggest you check with BA before you apply as to which check they specifically want and if they want this to be sent directly to them. But from past experience it is just the Basic check so the above link is where you would get it from.

I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Has this matter now been resolved?