Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My old employer who I worked under the CIS scheme paid an

Customer Question

my old employer who I worked under the CIS scheme paid an extra sum of money on top of my weekly wage over the course of three weeks as I needed extra money. He did however owe me a sum of money greater than he gave me over the three weeks. He has now started legal proceeding saying that it was a loan, I did not sign anything nor did I have a contract. Does he have a leg to stand on?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Does he still owe you the money or did you offset that from the money he gave you?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - Does he still owe you the money or did you offset that from the money he gave you?