Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My friend has been arrested and charged money from s job, he

Customer Question

hi, my friend has been arrested and charged for stealing money from his job, he was the duty manager and he took the amount of £6000 and spent it all on a betting shop due to his gambling addiction. now he is on bail and going to the magistrates next week,
any idea if he is facing jail and if so, how long?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Didn't we look at this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi,probably yes, but im looking for different opinions
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I have been asked to take this over. Do you have a specific question?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

I see what you are asking.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

i am sorry but he could be facing prison. This is theft from employer of a reasonable sum. There is a possibility that he could get a suspended sentence with an order like unpaid work but it can't be guaranteed. If he does go to prison then it would be a short sentence. I would estimate that it would be under one year which would mean the judge would have to consider suspending the sentence.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

The gambling addiction is mitigation but it won't change the outcome very much I'm afraid.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? If your query has been dealt with please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. If you need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you.