Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I have convictions for offences, will these show up on a

Customer Question

I have convictions for sexual offences, will these show up on a passport bought in 2009?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello what do you mean on a passport you bought? You mean the passport was issued then?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was issued then.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

A passport does not contain details of a person’s criminal record. This is obtained through the police when a person is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check, also known as a criminal check. So you must actually be told that you will be subject to a DBS check and only then will your criminal history be potentially revealed. However, a passport alone has no details whatsoever of a person’s criminal history.

I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? If your query has been dealt with please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. If you need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you.