Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

An order made by a judge in application by the PLAINTIFF

Customer Question

An order made by a judge in application by the PLAINTIFF for a SUMMARY JUDGEMENT WAS
for plaintiff to show how 48000 pounds was claimed. The claim entered was NOT EXPECTEd
TO EXCEED 48000. Because the amount put forward was short of the 48000 order to show
by 2340 pounds the Defendant applied electronically, without notice to have the claim dismissed.
The court have given Plaintiff [ me] 7 days to responded.
IS the Defendant permitted to make application and should clarication of costs and interes be
sorted finally by assessment. Mr. Andrews. PLAINTIFF
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

If the court made an order of its own motion under its inherent CPR Part 3 powers then you are entitled to make an application to the court within 7 days - usually the court will allow both parties to make such applications to vary as necessary the order. It is normally the case that costs would be dealt with on a summary assessment basis and interest at a final hearing (although summary judgment would potentially count as a final hearing. I hope that helps - please rate positively.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE REPLY WAS LATE IN RECEIPT AND OF NO USE TO ME. YOU STATE REPLY QUICKLY AND DID NOT KEEP
TO ***** I REQUIRE REFUND OF MONIES PAID AND NO FURTHER PAYMENTS TO BE TAKEN FROM
MY ACCOUNT. SEVEN DAYS NOTICE FOR REFUND.
***@******.***

ok - cheers