Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I'm in a pickle. I'm suspended from work whilst 2

Customer Question

I'm in a pickle. I'm suspended from work whilst 2 accusations against me are investigated - theft and bullying. The theft is unfounded and nothing will come of that, but when they explained the bullying part, I came to understand that I am probably in the wrong, and I'm pretty certain I'm gonna be sacked. Even if I don't, I will be resigning as a) my position will be untenable, I had to implicate 5 other people and b) I've since secured another job. But also whilst I've been off, I've been worried sick about getting arrested for nothing, and for not being able to afford rent etc (I've just moved house). So I went to my GP, he said I clearly have stress, and signed me off for 2 weeks. So, although I fully understand that the disciplinary procedure will continue upon my return, if I put in the sick note in, will I continue to get paid until they decide to fire me?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your interest in me but I am not an employment specialist. I will pass you on to somebody who is.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** my colleague has asked me to assist with your query as it is more my area of law. How long have you worked there for?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - How long have you worked there for?