Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

How does my neighbour sign the boundary line over to me so I

Customer Question

How does my neighbour sign the boundary line over to me so I then own the fencing
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

If they are signing the boundary line over to you then you would need to have deed drafted and a plan executed by a surveyor and then register this with the land registry. A solicitor would be able to do it all for you. It is straight forward but would cost about £1000.00. Happy to discuss. Please rate positively.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why would it cost that much if they are willing to sign over so they have no ongoing maintenance costs

It would cost that much because of the drafting of the deed, cost of the surveyor and then registering it with the Land Registry. It is a one off figure, but needs to be settled correctly in law - you may be able to get it cheaper (if you ring around) but from my experience it is roughly this sum. I hope this helps. Please remember to rate positively.

I hope that this helps. Please remember to rate positively - thanks