Clare
Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  family solictor with 25 years experience
13262538

My ex partner and i have a morgage together i am in the

Customer Question

My ex partner and i have a morgage together i am in the process of remorgaing in my sole name but can not go forward as his name is ***** ***** land registry forms. I dont know where he is and have no way of contacting him how do i get his name removed from the registry. I have bought the property paid all monies to obtain and maintain it he lived here for 8 months contributing to the morgage but for the last 8 months i have paid it as he moved out and away with out any forwarding address or my knowledge.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Did you protect your investment with a Declaration of Trust?
Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont think i did a declatation of trust and the morg to redeem was £25000 at present.
The property is worth £120000 I paid £95000 deposit on it to buy my ex partner paid nothing for any of it not the maintaince of the building the solicitors fees the gas that has beenfitted nothing at all ever.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Did the solicitor dealing with the purchase not express concern about the situation?
Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how would i know if one was done im sure it wasnt but im gona xheck when i get home .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cant find any papers to that end but i remember something being said about him owning 15% of the property as he was to pay the morgage but as i said dissapeared om jan this year. i have seem a letter ftom solicitor saying copyof cert of ownership bein held by them.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Have you spoken to the solicitors and checked the position?

Clare

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have made appointment now as she said there is nothing i van do as he not dead and just wont give it up ....... He not gonna gain financially as he nvr paid a vent towards place its just pig awkward. All they said was get home repossed then he have to front up but i dont wanna do that i am paying and able to pay morgage so dont wanna loose home
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
That is nonsense.
It may not be easy but there are things that can be done - without creating mortgage arrears.
The important point at this stage is whether or not the bulk of the equity that is yours has been protected.
Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the morgage is for £25,000 the property is worth £120,000 i did the original sale through these same solicitors and have a letter sayin certain docs are kept with them i know not wat
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Do you remember discussing your investment so that you and your ex each owned different shares?

This is important to your next step

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do and im certain it Was but i dont have anything to prove that.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Are you sure you didn't sign something that states that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im not sure i remember something about him and 15% but i dont know what it was where would i find out if i have, who would have that paperwork.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Your solicitor should have a copy - have you asked about that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have an appointment next week will ask before that though will ring them tommorrow to find out.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

This is important - when you have the answer let me know and I can explain the next steps to you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will ask n morn
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Ok and then we can go forward

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
awaitin call bk from solicitors
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

That is fine