Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

I would like to challenge my ex wifes right to legal aid,

Customer Question

I would like to challenge my ex wifes right to legal aid, she has no income but is claiming that I had physically abused her, the day in question I had called the police to the house because my son who was 7 said she had slapped his face, I was interviewed by the police at home and they never spoke to me after, the report from the police to the child protection conference was that the risk within the family or something was normal, who do I write to and what information from me do they want
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

You will need to write to the LAA with the name, certificate number if you have it and her date of birth and advise them why you consider that she should not be entitled to legal aid - they will then usually review the decision.

Happy to discuss

Please rate positively - thanks