Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I have a company van, is this a commercial vehicle on this

Customer Question

I have a company van, is this a commercial vehicle on this basis alone, or would it be defined by what I carried in the van and or used the van for?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not permitted to park a commercial vehicle in the parking space (that I own, that was sold to me with my apartment) as per my Leese agreement, as a result of parking my van in this space I am recieving parking charges. These are coming from a parking company instructed by the property (apartment block) managing company. (Who I pay service charges to on return for maintenance etc) I need to know if my van is legally defined as a commercial vehicle and what makes it a commercial vehicle? From the definitions I've found online I think I have an argument. Does it depend on what I use the van for and or it's contents?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FYI my van is for my job, i am a mobile engineer, I carry equipment for my job in there such as tools.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Not my area then.
I will opt out for others.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been over 24hours and still no answer, I paid for urgent response, not satisfied with this, had to seek legal advice elsewhere, can you please refund me.