How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 10352
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We had a licence year to operate a unit in a craft centre

Customer Question

We had a licence for 1 year to operate a unit in a craft centre which expired in April this year. We did not sign the new licence the landlord provided us. No notice period was specified in the original licence and the landlord is still taking rent at monthly intervals. We now wish to vacate the premises, how much notice do we have to give?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this was asked over two days ago, can I get my money back?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. YOu merely have to give one month's notice to the landlord as this is a licence from month to month since the expiry of the initial 12 month term. As it is a licence, the rules applying to tenancies have no application. It is simply the common law rule applying to a month to month licence. So one months notice to determine the licence is sufficient.