Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I hope you can help. I have a 15 year old son with Aspergers

Customer Question

Hello, I hope you can help. I have a 15 year old son with Aspergers (a form of Autism). He can be quite violent and is on medication. A couple of weeks ago he wanted to answer the telephone and I said no, so his sister grabbed it (she is 20). He bent her wrist back and it was very sore for a couple of days. Un be-known to me she reported him to the police for assault. We had a visit a few days ago and they want to interview him at the station today. He has not left the house except to go to CAMHS since April. CAMHS have organised two mental health nurses to attend as the police say I am not allowed to go into the interview. This morning he is refusing to move at all, has barricaded himself into his room and is screaming that he will kill himself. He is over 6 feet tall and a big lad so I cannot force him to do anything. He says he will talk to them at home, but they say it is not an option and he has to go to the station. They did say he wouldn't be arrested, but I am sure they will arrest him if he behaves like this (although I am pretty sure I am not going to be able to get him there). What are our options please?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Sorry for the delay.
This isn't my area so I will opt out for others.