Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I am looking with getting my 20 year pld son out of my

Customer Question

I am looking for help with getting my 20 year pld son out of my house. He was contributing until a month ago but has now stopped paying me anything at all. He has not spoken to me for almost 3 weeks when I told him that I was no longer going to clean up after him. Last night he arrived home with a friend and they spent the night. I have suffered several violent outbursts from him over he last 3 years and quite frankly do not feel comfortable in my own home
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Well you are allowed to give him notice - he is only staying at your house on the basis of your grace and favour - and in law would have nothing more than a licence - as such you are allowed to 'evict' him after giving him a reasonable period of notice - this can be a few days or a week. Thereafter you can simply change the locks in him - if he comes back then you would be abel to phone the police for him to moved away. Your safety is the priority in these matters.

Please remember to rate positively - thanks

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Thanks for requesting me.
Was he paying rent when he was contributing and when did he stop please?
Please note the answer above is incorrect.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
HiWhen did he stop paying please?