Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

Alex, I bought a candle warmer on Amazon.com but when i

Customer Question

Hi Alex, I bought a candle warmer on Amazon.com but when i placed my candle on it and left it I came back and found that the whole plastic candle warmer had melted onto my antique table causing £350 worth of damage .I contacted them and after lots of replies they said it had to go to a specialist account team.That was 10 days ago and I havent even had a reply or even an acknowledgement.
I have sent them pictures of the damage and the repair bill which I still have.
Please advise.
Yours Sincerely *****
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you.

Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.

You need to give Amazon a reasonable amount of time to investigate and resolve this issue; I suggest you chase them up after 14 days. If no positive response is forthcoming you should send them a letter to claim stating exactly what you claim is against them and what you would like them to do (e.g. Full refund and compensation for the damage). If they do not reimburse you, you should sue in the County Court using the small claims procedure. The claim can be made online via the Ministry of Justice website www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please note Alice that this is Amazon .com not .co.uk -is your advice the same?
Regards David
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They now have come back to me and said they are not going to do anything . Please advise and remember it's Amazon . Com