Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I was curious and watched on a webpage. My iPad has now been

Customer Question

I was curious and watched beastiality on a webpage. My iPad has now been blocked and a message telling me I have to pay £100 to get it unlocked. Can you tell me (a) was I commiting a criminal offence. (B) will this be a fine issued by the police as it says police attention, or is it a scam. It asks me to pay using a ucash or paysafe card. I have never used one of these cards before is it safe to do so
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. This is most definitely a scam, which is quite well known and widespread. The police would never ask you for money to unblock a webpage. This is done by fraudsters ho are relying on he fear factor and panic of users that they are in trouble with the police to pay and be left under the impression that if they do so there would be no legal repercussions. The police would not have been involved in this at any stage and would be unaware of your internet activities and you are not in any kind of trouble. You should not pay anything because failure to do so would not result in anything bad happening to you. Your web browser may become locked but that is just a virus which is removable. You can read more about it and ways to remove it on here:
http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-police-trojan/
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
My full response should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to this? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating, selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you