Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

I have been served a sta tutory demand payment of a

Customer Question

i have been served a sta tutory demand for non payment of a judgement for a dentist bill of 8500 pounds i had already paid 8000 pounds i wish to apply to have this set aside as the work carried out on my teeth was of a very poor standard and not completed
also two crowns have fallen out and the bridge is broken is this okay to ask to be set aside
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pls can you you reply soon as thks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you pls say how long you will be thks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do not understand why no response
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
I have just been handed this question as you had been waiting. You can apply to set aside a judgement but you do normally have to apply quite quickly. In any event you can only serve a statutory demand when the debt is over £500.00
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i paid 8000 pound and they are claiming a further 8500 pound and the work was substandard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am told i have to go back to the county court not the high court do i have a case to set aside based on my situation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pls come back as soon as thks
Do you have a defence? That is the key point in any application to set aside a judgment. The fact that you have paid £8000 would imply that you agree the judgment. You can only set aside a judgment if it was irregular - you did not receive the papers and they entered judgment in default where you had a valid defence would be such an example.Please remember to rate positively and I will still be able to help
I hope that this helps. Please remember to rate positively. Thanks