Buachaill
Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Good morning. I attended a therapist skills training. Some

Customer Question

Good morning.
I attended a therapist skills training. Some time later I have used processes from the training and not given credit for them. The training methods were developed by one person. I have ( or had ) youtube videos showing me using aspects from the training. Have I violated IP
/
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. You have no infringed IP rights here, as these training processes are not original or creative works. Training here gives practical skills. However, these practical skills cannot be copyrighted. Nor are they subject to trademark or image right issues. Nor is there goodwill attaching to them that would give rise to an action for passing off, as you have taken the skills and shown them, not the actual business. So you can act here with impunity and there is no need to worry about a successful legal action against you. The solicitor's "wait and see" approach is too wishy-washy to be of any value. The reality is that there is no legal action that can lie against you.