Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have just been arrested on a p.c and racially aggravated assault.i am not

Customer Question

Hi I have just been arrested for assault on a p.c and racially aggravated assault.i am not racist,but said something that was said and will be interpretated as that.I have pleaded guilty.
I have previous from 2009 when I was charged with assault on a p.c and drunken disorderly.I got a fine,tag for 3 months and an exclusion from the place where the incident occurred for 3 months. I am extremely worried I will be given a prison sentence. Is this likely?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What is the nature of the assault please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Punched a bouncer
Kicked a p.c
Really drunk and feel so sorry
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What were the injuries?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
Is there any reason you think this might lead to custody?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there is no reason,I am just worried.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You will not get custody for this.
It is at the higher end of the offence because it involves people acting in the course of their duty and it is racially aggravated.
However, you have very limited previous convictions and this offence doesn't lead to custody unless a person has a horrendous record.
I would expect some form of community order. Even if they order an all options report it will not be a custodial sentence.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/