Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My boyfriend has been charged with assaulting 2 police officers,

Customer Question

My boyfriend has been charged with assaulting 2 police officers, escaping custody and drink driving. I was just wondering if you could give me a rough idea as to what you yourself would think the outcome would be? He was going to Magistrates court but they said it's too serious issue for them to deal with and sent it to the Crown court to deal with.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Does he have any previous?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has been done for fighting about 4-5 years ago
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What was the assault here and how did he come to escape from lawful custody>?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He was driving back from football when there was an unmarked police car ahead of him on duty and he was coming up fast behind them so they went around a roundabout to get behind my boyfriends car under suspicion he had been drinking. They ended up taking a breathalyser test and he blew over at 51mil. They were then going to arrest him and started putting handcuffs on him at which point my boyfriend became uneasy and panicked. He pushed one of the officers away from him and ended up stuggling with a couple of them to which one had a cut on their finger and the other had a bad back, sore neck and nose. My boyfriend then escaped and ran away. It was an hour later that they caught him and took him into the police station and did another breathalyser test at which he blew under the limit.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If they had those injuries then he didn't just push them? This answer will only be right if I have all the information. I have been a criminal lawyer most of my life and I have never yet seen somebody who runs off like this charged with escape from lawful custody when there are lesser offences that apply so there must be more to this.It is important I understand the features of this offence.