Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

I have judgement made against me by eon energy and the debt

Customer Question

I have judgement made against me by eon energy and the debt is church debt not my debt and I have made set aside to county court regards ***** ***** matter only to be told I the not respond to court request and I have respond to them with proof of posting .
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The first set aside application I made court dismissed based the defendant failed to comply with orders of 26th February 2015.
I did comply and I have the proof posting with me.i was advise to set aside the case again 01 June 2015. Include all the information requested by court and Royal Mail receipt enclosed.
I called to court today to find out about the case, only to be told the case is dismissed again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
What is your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eon energy took ccj judgement on my name and I was not the one that owns the money, it's church bill that was pass on me to my name.
The church has now be in contact with eon and I need advise on how to remove the ccj on my credit file. I have had two set aside dismissed .
If you are not a party to the contract then you should be able to apply to the court to have the judgment set aside using a form N244 - basically you may have a default judgment made against you where there was no hearing and you have not sent back the ‘acknowledgment of service’ form to say you intend to put in a defence. You may also have a default judgment made against you if you have not sent in the reply form asking for time to pay within the time limits. If you are not a party to the contract then proceedings should not have been brought against you personally and this was be a defence to the claim.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have applied for set a aside sometime around February 2015. I called around March and I was told letter had been sent to my previous address and the hearing set for 17 April 2015. I received another letter a day to hearing. On getting to court the judge gave me 14 days to reply to the later which last 1st of May 2015. I reply to the court before the due date, only to received latter from court that I did not comply that why the case is dismissed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I applied for another set aside on 1st of June 2015 with the proof from royal mail that shows the latter was delivered to court 27th of April 2015. The judge still dismissed the case
What have eon said?