Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Thinking of applying to be a Special Constable. I already

Customer Question

Hi. Thinking of applying to be a Special Constable. I already volunteer for the National Trust, and for a cancer charity. I work in finance so have been CRB'd which is clear. 5 years or so ago, I was arrested for S5 public order. In self defence, I head butted one of two attackers, and cut his forehead. Spent night in a cell and was offered either a caution or the FPN, although they did say, initially, I could be charged with ABH. I took the FPN and paid it. I was fingerprinted and DNA'd. Will this S5 'offence' show up on any enhanced CRB or other database check the police vetting procedure may make? I'm now over 50, and have not engaged in any similar activities since!
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are you sure this is S5 ? It wouldnt have been arrestable when you were dealt with.