Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My ex boyfriend and me had a scuffle last year I called police

Customer Question

my ex boyfriend and me had a scuffle last year I called police and dropped charges cps are carrying it on and going to court I don't want any charges against him and not prepared to go to court how do I stop this
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I go to police and tell them I lied would that stop this case and what would happen to me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Have you done this before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you give me advise on this how do I stop this case
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It is not that simple I'm afraid.
You are saying that you have never called the police to any form of personal dispute ever? It is really important.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes i have never called police
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Good.
What did you say happened on this occasion?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we had fight he put hands round my throat left house called police I later dropped all charges but there carrying it on how do I get it stopped and do I have to give evidence
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
There is no prospect of it being dropped I'm afraid.
Did you have an injuries?