Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

I have a house the mortgage is paid off i would like to add my wife to the deeds as i

Customer Question

hi
i have a house the mortgage is paid off i would like to add my wife to the deeds as i would like to apply for equity release and as my wife is eight years younger than me i wish to protect her i am 65
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
It is a straight forward process - which a conveyanicng solicitor would be able to arrange for you - the cost in total would be about £1000.
The procedure is very straight forward. You would normally instruct a local conveyancing solicitor to prepare a Land Registry Transfer document, which is then signed by both you and your wife.
The Transfer is then registered at the Land Registry (there will be fees to pay), and your Deeds will then be altered to show you both are joint legal owners.
Please remember to rate positively.