Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

We are holders of a timeshare in Shakespeare Classic Narrowboats which has ceased trading.

Customer Question

We are holders of a timeshare in Shakespeare Classic Narrowboats which has ceased trading. How do we stand financially? Will we be liable to continue paying the wretched maintenance fee? As we are now in our 70s, we would be quite happy if the whole thing is wound up and we just cut our losses here and now. If Shakespeare is taken over by another company again, do we become liable to them for fees?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
Has an Insolvency Practitioner (i.e the Official Receiver or an Administrator) been appointed? Have they made any demands for further fees?
Kind regards
AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No further demands for fees as yet. The company (Avante) is not able to declare bankrupcy as there is an on-going court case so has "ceased trading".
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you.
Are you able to still use the time share if you wanted to?
Has the trust that you have your time share contract with ceased trading as well? Or is it just the management company?
Kind regards
AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No we are not able to use the timeshare as the company has ceased trading. Hutchinson & Co Trust Company I think hold the deeds for most (if not all) timeshare companies in the UK and worldwide. Hutchinson have not ceased trading but were worse than useless when I phoned them.