Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

A new person in the house next door has parked his caravan

Customer Question

A new person in the house next door has parked his caravan in his front garden next to my boundary.
Can i get it removed
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
Is it on his land or yours?
The simple fact is that a neighbour is normally allowed to park a caravan on their land as long as it is not on your land. You should also check both his and your deeds to determine whether there is a restriction on paring caravans on a drive. Some new properties have this restriction.These clauses added to the deeds of a property by the developer or previous owner of the land, restrict certain uses. Check the Land Registry entry for your home to see if such a covenant exists. Your neighbour does not need planning permission to park the vehicle on his driveway, though he would if someone were living in it. I hope that this helps and please remember to rate positively.