Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years experience in business law and related topics such as employment law
18726264

We moved from a rented property last october and the movers

Customer Question

We moved from a rented property last october and the movers ripped the kitchen flooring. they acknowledged this. The letting agent deducted about £300 for the replacement. we have been in contect many times with the movers, initially they said that they would pass it to their insureres, but now they have stopped replying to our emails. What can i do?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. the movers are clearly liable but if they fail to respond your only recourse is to bring a small claim. You could do this through money claimonline see here https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim-online
I do not know if this is an established company but if not it may be difficult to recover.
I would write once and say if they do not pay you will sue and then issue a small claim
there is not much else you can do other than go round to their premises and hassle them to deal with it.