Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I have allowed a neighbour to access their parcel of land at

Customer Question

I have allowed a neighbour to access their parcel of land at the rear of our properties to take their ride on mower to that plot. They could have direct access from their own land as they have a gate in their rear garden fence but it would involve them in making minor changes to their rear garden and putting up a secure shed to house the mower currently housed in the garage at the front of this property, all the time they live there I probably would not change this, my only problem would be if they sold their house and moved. Would the incoming owners have right of way over my property, would I have to let them use my access as they would have an alternative if they chose to use it?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
How many times have they used it and is there anything in writing?