Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

I've been estranged from my mum last 4 years since

Customer Question

I've been estranged from my mum for the last 4 years since she kicked me out of the family home. I'm due to give birth next week and she has threatened to be at the hospital even thou I have repeatedly told her I do not want her there, she claims she has a legal right to be as the hospital and to be part of my sons life under the grandparents law? Is this correct?
Kind regards
Donna
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate once you get my answer.
If you do not want her at the hospital then she is not entitled to be there. There is no such grandparent law, she is making that up. She has no legal right to be there and/or part of your sons life. She can make an application under the Children Act for a Child Arrangement Order (contact) but she would need the permission of the court to make such an application and you could oppose that application.