Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My son has been found not guilty by the jury.

Customer Question

My son has been found not guilty by the jury. He was released immediately without any money, no passport and no place to go just before the weekend. We eventually found somebody were he
could stay for the weekend so he was able to contact the Dutch embassy to get a temporary travel document and some money to get to the Netherlands. He has been in prison for 18 month for something he did not do. He lost everything; his home; his business,
his car, his truck, his forklift and was left with debts because he was unable to pay, or take action while in prison. When asked about compensation nobody is 'home' and , like I mentioned, he was just sent 'on the street' by the British justice ('kicked out
of prison'). Is there anything we can do about this?
Category: UK Law