Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB (HONS) Over 23 years legal experience specialising in Property law and Wills/Estates
16368554

I have been named an executor here in London of my aunt's will

Customer Question

I have been named an executor here in London of my aunt's will I am NOT a benefeciary under the will which designates her 2 children as the sole beneficiaries. As an executor non -beneficiary am i entitled to a fee for my services and if so what is considered reasonable in the UK?
Many thanks.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thanks for your enquiry.I am afraid that only a professionally appointed Executor (ie Solicitor or Accountant) is entitled to charge the Estate for their time.A lay Executor is however entitled to charge for their travelling expenses and other out of pocket expenses incurred (eg post/phone calls).I am sorry this is not the answer you were looking for.Can I assist any further?Kind RegardsAl
Can I assist you any further?
Kind Regards
Al