Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

MadamMy mother was the victim of cruel and

Customer Question

Dear Sir / Madam
My mother was the victim of cruel and inhumane treatment at an NHS hospital. She had had a fall and the head injury was dealt with conservatively by the John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford who also successfully initiated and documented her rehabilitation
She was transferred to the Royal Berks for Further rehabilitation therapy. The consultant doctor on admission without consent, the patient's medical history or priior discussion simply cancelled the rehabilitation therapy. He initiated independently the use of anti-psychotic drugs with devastating consequences. When asked to cease this practice on numerous occasions he refused.
My mother was ultimately reduced to a vegetative state. This case appears to me a contravention of article 5 of the European Convention on Human Rights and under English law meeting the legal definition of torture as the doctor is a state employee
Would appreciate an independent view
Yours Sincerely
************
Category: UK Law