Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

BT dosconected my business broadband and line by mistake

Customer Question

hi, BT dosconected my business broadband and line by mistake and fixed the problems after week. Cost me lots of stress and lost clients and health. Seeking compensation from them now. Can you help?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Can you show that there was a loss of business and could you have done something to try and minimise that in any way, for example using internet from a different source?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for the replay, bt had advised that to buy a dongle and told us that will reinburse as for it. we did that but the card machines and music couldnt becomected to it. as we have icloud system was hard to send any emails etc The most problems cost the landline as no one could call us as it was saying you are calling incorrect number, that cost us a lot by loosing lots of clients and business look unprofessional. Plus the stress it cost me, i cant still sleep and taking pain killers. I belive cost me over £1k per day in salles plus need to pay my employess as if there is job or not they have paid. Please advise if there is option to seek compensation from BT
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
When you took out the service with BT they would have made you a promise that they would supply the services you had signed up for. If that does not materialise, for example you are cut off from the network or these is another fault which makes it impossible for you to use these services then you may indeed be entitled to compensation. BT offers a Customer Service Compensation Scheme where you could be entitled to compensation in these circumstances. You can access the claim form here: http://business.bt.com/business/comms/compensation-scheme/ You can see that there are specific services which would be compensated so you must be able to meet these conditions before you can claim. You can also read the more detailed terms and conditions which apply to making such claims here: https://www2.bt.com/static/i/btretail/panretail/terms/pdfs/bt1121.pdf So yes it is possible to potentially claim as long as you meet the relevant conditions. You could then use the first form above to submit your claim and have it dealt with by BT. I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? If your query has been dealt with please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. If you need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you.