Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I am a manager retail company. I have a member

Customer Question

I am a manager for a retail company.
I have a member of staff who left four months ago. During her exit interview she alleged that I had taken money we had raised for a charity and I stole the Money.
This is untrue all the money was in the store safe, we merely forgot about it and we're late donating. We did and there was a receipt. She has been informed of this.
At a event leaver party for another member of staff this person turned up and said inform of multiple people some of whom still work for me I had stolen the money.
Totally untrue and this is coming from a place of biter ness as she does not think we did enough to keep her in store and she had to leave.
We have the receipts to show the money was donated, this was done by the team at the store I have nothing to do with it.
I don't want to sue, I just want her to stop making accusations what are my options,
Thanks,
Si.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Has the employer taken any action as a result of this?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - Has the employer taken any action as a result of this?