Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Is there an 'appropriate' court to file my claim or can I fi

Customer Question

Is there an 'appropriate' court to file my claim or can I file my claim in any civil court?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Certainly, Jo.
My claims are against my landlords and I have been filing them in my local county court that deals with Money Payments and Evictions -where they actually tried to evict me- hence me and my witnesses have been quite disturbed with the Biased attitude -more than Biased- and what we firmly believe to be serious Conflicts of Interests (e.g. a judge admittedly: 'he has known the landlords for many years', admittedly 'he had no time to go through my case', even though admittedly 'he only had read the other side's statements' and us realizing that the claim was lost before we even got to the court.
Not only I need to know:
1.- If I need to take my case and claim to another court and if this is possible, but
2.- How I can Not have a Judge continuously dealing with my 'lost claims before I even get there' just because of how Obviously Biased this person is.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok
What are you hoping to sue for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Criminal Offences
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Which criminal offences?
Covering what specific loss?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Perverting the course of justice, Abuse and Misuse of Process, Assault by one of the landlord employees -Police involvement-, Harassment Amongst Others -Regarding Harassment & others, there are claims pending in Court, the court which I mention at the beginning and where I am never getting anywhere: this 'housing situation' is going too far with the Assault and I feel that all this could have been avoided, had the Courts dealt with the matters promptly and Fairly above all, as the landlord employees are continuously getting away with everything and anything, as I have already expressed in this court.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Perverting the course of justice is a criminal offence which cannot be sued upon. Only the police or the courts can bring that offence anyway.
Abuse of process is not an offence.
Assault is both an offence and a tort so, in principle, you could sue for that but be aware that you have to show loss and may face costs if you lose.
Harassment is a tort and a crime and you could sue for that.
Both of these offences can be commenced at the civil courts. The county court is perfectly fine for that type of claim.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many Thanks for the Clarification above, Jo.
Can I do it in any civil/county court in the uk or do I have to do it always in my local county court?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are you outside the UK?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I am in the uk; I asked the question to have a general idea about what to do in respect of these matters if I ever need to file a claim now and in future.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Q. again:
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No, it can be done anywhere in England and Wales.