How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 32939
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was informed by my dad that my date of birth is wrong,i

Customer Question

hi,i was informed by my dad that my date of birth is wrong,i grew up with my mum. now that I have brtish citizenship,how can I correct it
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
what evidence do you have that it is wrong?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A birth certificate from my country of origin that was in my dads possession. As well as the fact that he is educated and my mum was not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Birth certificate
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
Where the information printed on the certificate was believed to be correct at the time of issue, but new evidence has come to light after issue that it was in fact incorrect and you can provide satisfactory proof of the new details, the certificate can be endorsed to show the correct details.
The Citizenship Ceremony Support Team considers these requests.
This is usually very straight forward.
Please rate

Related UK Law Questions