Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I am due to appear before Magistrates Court tomorrow accused

Customer Question

Hi I am due to appear before Magistrates Court tomorrow accused of 2 counts of assault (one on a minor). I pleaded not guilty at the first hearing as I have been falsely accused by my sister in law. CPS sent a written transcript of the 9 year old's video statement and black &white pictures of her apparent cuts and grazes. There are no independent witnesses nor is there any independent evidence, just the mother and daughter saying the same thing. There is a long history of bad blood between my sister in law and I which I feel is important for the magistrates to know however none of these details have been taken by my solicitors. Also my husband is willing to go to court as he is aware of the current/past situation and speak in my defence but the solicitors do not agree he needs to be present.
My solicitors have taken a brief overview from me of what happened but have been MIA for the past 2 weeks. I was told on Friday that my solicitor will be changed for the trial as he has taken on a high profile case. I have no idea who the new solicitor is and how he will deal with my case - overall I feel they have not taken my case seriously and I'm sure this will work against me tomorrow in court. Any help and/or advice at this stage will really help as I'm freaking out. Many thanks.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a solicitor specialising in a criminal law. Could you be more specific as to what you would like to know?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I have sent you an offer of additional services for a telephone call. Please review and respond.