Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My husband attacjed me last night and was arrested. Attack

Customer Question

My husband attacjed me last night and was arrested. Attack happened in front of 3 children and very first time ive repirted him to police but he has previously been questioned about an assault on a shop assistabt of which he got caution. And another at wrk but it was in self defence. No bruises or marks. Hes obviously sorry and not alliwed to breach bail conditions and got to stay away from us al for a month!, i dont know what to do we had a hiday booked as a famiy and fee now im being penaised i stil ove him and know he wont do this again hes gad his wake up call. But now he s saying hesnot built for prison and would choose death anyday so my concerns and hence messaging u. I need help as to what sentening he wil ikeky get? Hes been tod by poice 6mths or a ower higher community order? Seems harsh?! Please help. Thanks nicola.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
You have probably worked this out already but the only way to avoid this is to not make reports to the police. If you do this again it will be worse next time as he could be remanded in custody.
When you say he cannot have contact for a month, do you mean he has been served a protective notice?