Law Educator, Esq., UK Law Answer Team
Experience:  UK Law Expert
10285032

We flew home to the US last sunday and my five year old daughter

Customer Question

We flew home to the US last sunday and my five year old daughter was forced to use the full body scanner at Gatwick airport, whislt I voiced my concerns to the head of security as he was there, I want to know how to complain, and hold someone accountable for this act, which is a voilation of the uk child protection act, and also the health implication of subjecting a minor to this radiation, she is so little her feet would not even stretch far enough apart to stand on the footprints on the floor.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Airport security is controlled and governed under the Department of Transport (https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-transport) and also the Home Office (https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-transport). If the security officers violated the child protection act and improperly scanned the child, then those are the two offices you can complain to regarding the matter for them to investigate.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the best way to approach this? sing the email address on the web page, and wait for a reply or send a letter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
use the email.
Thank you for your reply.
I would send it both by email and by mail, because this way there is no excuse from them that they did not receive it. I would also wait about 7-10 business days and follow up by trying to call them by phone.