Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I'm due to appear in court on the 8th of July with assault

Customer Question

I'm due to appear in court on the 8th of July with assault by battery, it is my second offence of common assault, I was recommended to reply no comment by my legal aid solicitor, but my paperwork says that the crown prosecution service has still decided to take me to court, I did commit the offence, & have been given bail not to contact my ex directly or indirectly which I do not want to, I just got angry because of the lies he was spreading against me because he cannot contact me, for the restraining order I have against him, my question is what is the worst conviction I could face at court, thank you, Leanne.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Do you mean sentence?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
"Sentence" in which sentance, as in where are you alking about in my paragraph exactly, I did not understand your response. If you are talking about my previous conviction for common assault then yes I was given a caution to remain on file for 6 months. If you are asking about the question I made at the end then yes I was asking what the worst conviction or sentence would be that I could receive at court. I apologise for the confusion but I did not fully understand your response when you replied "did you mean sentence", thank you, Leanne.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No, I am trying to clarify your question?