Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have 3 convictions the first one when I was 17

Customer Question

I have 3 convictions the first one when I was 17 for shoplifting and the other two were drink driving and harassment disorder 11 years ago I'm now 46 years old and would like further info on wiping the slate clean if possible on my DBS or CRB checks
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What level of checking are you facing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Enhanced DBS or crb
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just need to know if I can get my record clean from my convictions
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Convictions can never be removed from PNC. It will always remain there.
This will long since be spent and so drop off basic checking and would also be subject to the stepping down provisions and so drop off standard checking
However, on enhanced checking everything is revealed even mere allegations. The only way that can be removed is if the chief constable accepts that the application you are making has no relevance to the offending.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So what do you advise me to do on my enhanced checks to remove them if possible with chief constable what do you suggest I do is my human rights affected with disclosing crb checks every 3 years or so with my employer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What can I do to remove convictions from my file
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It is possible to ask the police t not to include it using their exceptional procedure but it would be irresponsible of me to tell you that there is any realisic chance. That only really happens with non conviction information.