Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

My girlfriend and I went out drink 2 months ago. And

Customer Question

My girlfriend and I went out for a drink 2 months ago. And we had an argument she pushed me I pushed her back she ended up tripping over something and a week later went to the hospital to have it xrayed and it turned out she had a hairline fracture. Things wernt to great with us and I ended up getting a bit of interest lately from a girl I work with we ended up texting each other ect I was already thinking of leaving her and she was heartbroken. She ended up finding out that I was texting another girl. But basically she's now went and made an allegation of gbh just because everything has turned sour. I've been told I might do 3 years this is the first thing ever to happen to me where do I stand ?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's the chances of this not going to court and will i be prosecuted?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but there is no realistic chance of them dropping this. She has made an allegation against you and there is an injury to support it. They will not drop it.
In addition to that you seem to accept pushing her which I really hope has not been revealed the police.
A hairline fracture is not a GBH. It is an ABH and they may acctually charge it as a common assault. They should not but they do all the time. That will reduce the sentence hugely. You cannot rely on that but that is likely.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the hospital notes she said she fell down the stairs and that she has only went to the police after 2 months of it happening on because of finding out o was texting another woman. Does that make any difference. No I replied no comment to everything.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No.
Those are all points that you can use to weaken the allegation in court but they are going to prosecute it.
The fact that she made an excuse at the hospital isn't fatal to the case. She will just say she was ashamed. What is more helpful is that she seems to have accepted only making the allegation to get revenge which is not consistent with being ashamed really.