Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Three years ago I had builders come and renovate a house for

Customer Question

Three years ago I had builders come and renovate a house for me. I employed a project manager who sub contracted other trade persons to do the work.
I have now found out that I have a leak on an under floor heating systems which was installed. To fix the problem the floor in the brand new kitchen will have to be pulled up and the new pipe system laid. The minimum that this will cost is around 6000 pounds.
I called the plumber who said that he had to repair it after another worker cut the pipe with a grinder. He said that there are 3 joints in the system that should not be there. I called the project manager who said that he knew nothing of this.
Do I have a case against any of them for compensation?
Many Thanks
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate once you get my answer.
What type of contract was there with the project manager?