Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My son is in Falkirk doing an apprenticeship he has car with

Customer Question

My son is in Falkirk doing an apprenticeship he has car with personal plates,he bought another car which he thought was covered by his fully comprehensive cover on the car the car that he had,he was stopped by the Falkirk police,because one of his rear lights was out,he was fined and received six penalty points.I have no quarrel with the penalty.It what has happened after that .he was given a pink slip for one of his lights was out.Yesterday he was pulled up for a what the police called a spot check.The police checked his car and found a fault with his windscreen wipers and a fault with his exhaust manifold.he has had both faults.fixed.The car was given an MOT certificate last week.
I have two question.
What happens to those pink slips.?
Is this considered harassment?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
Is your son disputing that the light and manifold were faulty when inspected by the police?
Does the MOT inspection reveal a faulty light? If hes been stopped for this before there may be a fault with the wiring.
Apart from the stop was there anything else about the officers behaviour that suggests harassment?