Clare
Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  family solictor with 25 years experience
13262538

Can you please advise An anonymous allegation has been

Customer Question

Hi can you please advise
An anonymous allegation has been made2 the nspcc saying that I drink and take cocaine my 5 year old daughter. this is complete rubbish. I live with my daughter and my 75 year old Nan, I work in a care home looking after vulnerable adults . When socialservices informed me of these allegations I was gob smacked. I haveinformed . Social services I believe . These allegations 2 be malicious and that I'm . Willing 2 take a drugs test 2 prove this is rubbish.....what happens now ?.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What have Social Services actually said they will do?
Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nothing yet....they are carring out checks on me.....I do not have a criminal record and my daughter is above average in school...I don't have any previous mental health or drug issuesa so I'm not sure what else they could check...

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Do you have any idea why this false allegation has been made?
Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I believe it to be an ex partner of my ex partner she was trying to break us up at the time .....they are going through a messy break up with money houses ect ....she got the police to arrest him for assault which I believe she made up...I think they both have a non molestation order on each other. Before this happened she apparently threatened to get my ex arrested as many times as possible and to phone social services on me.....this was back in September and id kind of forgotten about it.The Lady in question doesn't even know me so I had know idea what she was going2 say or do...my ex partner told me at the time she was just out 2 cause as much trouble as possible as she had got it in to her mind that I had come along and was about 2 take half of her house that she had worked to pay for and set up home with this man which was not the case at all....they have been apart since 2006 but still have a house together because they have a disabled son who still lives at home and was cared for by this lady the son has now come off age and is going into sheltered accommodation therefore the house is being sold....as my ex partner and his ex partner are not aloud 2 communicate due 2 the non molestation orders and on going court case I can only assume that she still thinks I am in a relationship with this man and wants some sort of revenge as it appears she is very bitter about having 2 sell her property

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
I know how worrying it is to have Social Services asking questions, but in your case there is no reason to be anxious.
Despite their reputation Social Services are in fact realistic about such malicious accusations and once they have made their assessments the matter will be closed.
be aware it is likely that they will speak to the school - but only to establish if they have any concerns - which clearly they do not!
Please ask if you need further details
Clare