Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My son has received an invoice from a solicitor who acted for

Customer Question

My son has received an invoice from a solicitor who acted for him when he divorced in 2010. He was under the impression he had paid all the bills in full at that time, but this bill for over £1,000 has come out of the blue after almost 5 years. They are threatening court action if he doesn't pay within 2 weeks.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.
May I ask if he has raised with them why the bill was raised so long after the event please?
Does he have anything fro them previously that provides that a previous bill was the final payment?
Expert:  Joshua replied 1 year ago.
Would you like to continue with the above?