Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I was harrasws and stalked years. I rwport the peraon

Customer Question

I was harrasws and stalked for two years. I rwport the peraon she was areated and then everything was droped because there no evindence. Sp she spend last year fallpwing me arpund and swnding messeges from wi fi i have been contecte and all available wi finapots around where i live kust to look its me. She even send emails to police in my name like i have been hurt or anything similar. They come one nigjt i wasnt home and they break in. In mean time ahe send herself few messeges to loook as victim and complain it was me. Few days ago police come to my door without showing there badges and explaing why they are here start loooking arpund my flat and just told me i am inder artest. I went to police and realised on bail later. They were autorised to do one search but some how they'd made an issue with my passport so they come back to pick it up and needed to be checked and did another search. On the second search appparently they found s cards which they didn't even show it to me. I have camera attached on the front door which is not working since they were here. What to do? I was not allowed at the police atation to call work and made me big problem
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What would you like to know about this ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to go to police again in two mouths time what to expect and how to prove i have not done anything. They have my mobile and laptop which o am sure are clear but i fear somebody had access to my flat
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok
So what is your question about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know what will happen on the next interview with the police. How long is procedure with cases like this?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If this is a bail back then they will either rebail you to another date, charge you or take no further action. There is an outside chance of a further interview but not really very likely.
How long is the procedure is impossible to say. If this is harassment without violence contrary to S2 then they have to lay a complaint within six months of the offence. If they are investigating other either way offences though then time barring is no issue and they are not under time pressure.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the result of my phone and laptop crucial in this investigation? As what ever was written on my notes they took from me i told them is related with the emails i received and i found all of it. And another question were they allowed to to do second search when they had authorisation for one?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
1 Yes, it could be. It depends on the allegation.
2 Yes. They don't need warrants. They have authority under PACE. Depending on the nature of the search they may need authority from a more senior officer but that isn't in the form of a warrant.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When they come in the morning they had authority from warrant and its was one search. Then they made an issue about my passport which was totally strange. The officer in charge new about my passport but migration system was apparently not updated for many years about my double nationality when i am travailing with that passport in and out of uk for many years. So they needed to come back to pick up my passport and then did another search.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Allegations are harassing stalking and wasting police time
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If there are passport issues then that is either way so time barring is not an issue.
Wasting police time will be something to do with the report that you made.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They check my passport on that day and that story was over. They just make a drama to be able to come back. I know wasting time is something to do with reports to them. They were so many false emails send to police with allegation that somebody was hurt. I had police coming to my door too they even break in once when i was out. i never emailed police for anyone including my self.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No, I think they are probably saying that one of the reports you made is false.
And also probably that making those reports amounts to harassment which is correct. Making allegations that are trivial, exaggerated or false does amount to harassment.
They have to prove that they were false though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Every time they come to my door with report to them that i have been hurt it was false. I wasnt. I was out or home. I heard from them in the police station that 140 emails were made to police not just with my name used in it but with other people too.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what you mean?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know its sound weird the whole story. Its all started my nasty messages on facebook. When i closed the account they start coming on as text messages on mu mobile. When i changed the number its started with emails and i had 3 malicious letters. Nothing was found from the letters even though one had hair on it. In mean time somebody start emailing police with false reports that me or somebody else is hurt. Police had 140 emails and send to 40 deferent people. All false reports. So now they are accusing me that i am behind all that. I did it to everyone including myself. Just because wi-fi connection was used when ever is possible close to my house i twice on places were i usually go.o l knew someone is fallowing me and report it but nothing was done now they are accusing me
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that might be right. If you have made a large number of reports then they might be keen to bring that to an end by investigating the internet connection.
They have to prove it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They did. And thats what come. But i havent done anything of it. And i dont know how to proof it.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
As I said, they have to prove what they allege.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have my phone laptop and ipad so i am sure about them as o havent done anything. On public wi fi can be anyone even if they are around where i live
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So in this case mu devices are crucial?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
They could be important. They are probably forensically examining them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea they took them from me and i have to go to the police station on 13.07 so was there going to be a longer interview with all the results. And shell i bring the messages i received too?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It depends.
I'm not sure I'm really in a position to advise on that point. It depends what the allegation is and what the messages say and to what they speak.
On the face of it, the issue is that they say you make false reports. If so, it doesn't matter what messages you have received.